When your heater or air conditioner breaks down, you should call an experienced HVAC company like ours at A/C Medic to provide the emergency HVAC services you need. However, while our team will make every effort to get to you as soon as possible, you’ll still have to wait at least a little while before we can get your system back up and running again.
In this article, we’ll provide a few tips to help you stay comfortable while you wait for our emergency HVAC service team to fix the problem.
When Your AC is Down
We encourage you to take the following steps to stay cool while you wait for emergency HVAC service for your air conditioning:
- Close Your Blinds – Covering your windows will keep sunlight and UV rays out of your home, which will prevent it from heating up as much.
- Set Up Fans – If you have fans in your home, use them to stay cool while your AC is out.
- Take a Cool Shower – You can also stay cool by taking a shower or bath in cool water. Alternatively, you can wear cool compresses on your neck and wrists.
When Your Heat is Down
Use the following strategies to stay warm while you wait for emergency HVAC service for your heating:
- Cover Your Windows – Covering your windows is an effective way to keep heat inside your home. For best results, you should close your curtains or hang blankets in the windows in addition to using your blinds.
- Gather in One Room – We also encourage you to gather everyone in your home into one room while you wait for your heater to be fixed, as having everyone in one place will allow your body heat to warm the room up.