Maintaining your HVAC system is crucial to help extend its life expectancy and keep it operating optimally. Do you have an annual fall HVAC maintenance checklist? If not, here are some tips for what to do to help take care of your HVAC system.
- Change the Filters Regularly. It’s recommended that you check your filter once every 30-90 days and replace it when it is dirty or clogged. This is one of the best things you can do for your HVAC system, and it often gets overlooked. During your fall HVAC maintenance, make sure to change the filter before the winter season begins, to help keep your system working properly. You should include this check at the start of each new season.
- Check for Dirt. You will want to clean up any dust or debris that has gathered. A large amount of debris can lead to a clog or prevent proper air circulation, leading to unnecessary repairs or problems down the road.
- Clean Your Vents. As you’re preparing for the winter months, it is good to check the vents or registers in your home and give them a thorough cleaning. Wiping them with a damp cloth every month is a helpful way to keep dust out of your system.
- Look for Damage. Have a look over your system, check for cracks, dents, or any sign of serious damage. When you turn your furnace back on, pay attention to any unusual noises or smells that may be coming from the furnace.
- Know When to Schedule Maintenance. Following this fall HVAC maintenance checklist will help keep your system running smoothly throughout the year. However, if you notice that your system is not running properly or you want to make sure the maintenance is done correctly, call our team of experts, and we’ll make sure your HVAC system is getting the care it needs.