When we complete load calculations, we determine the cooling load and the recommended equipment capacity in BTUs.
There are some things that, when they need to be replaced, only need to have a replacement selected that is the same make or model. When it comes to HVAC systems, it is important that the equipment fits in the allocated space, but it is equally important that load calculations are done to be sure the new equipment will provide the reliable comfort your family deserves. At A/C Medic, we serve the area with a higher level of service than you might expect. Part of that is doing comprehensive load calculations using the following information:
- Climate– We make sure our load calculations are pertinent to the climate here in the Durham, North Carolina area.
- Square footage– We determine the size of your home in square feet.
- Space height– How high your ceilings are factors into our load calculations.
- Insulation– We rate the insulation in your home as under-insulated, average insulation, or more than average insulation.
- Sun exposure– We look at how much sun your home gets compared to the shade available.
- Windows– The number of windows matters as more than average can mean a higher load on your HVAC.
- Window and door seals– The type of windows and doors, as well as how well-sealed they are is an important factor.
- Number of occupants– People put off heat so the more people, the harder your air conditioner has to work.
- Heat-producing products– We consider heat-producing appliances and electronics to determine how they can affect load calculations.
When we complete load calculations, we determine the cooling load and the recommended equipment capacity in BTUs. This will tell us the type of air conditioning equipment you need. If you would like us to perform load calculations for your home or you have questions about our HVAC services, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.