Your air conditioner is a vital part of your home, especially during the summers in North Carolina. Your air conditioner helps to make your home more comfortable, enjoyable, and relaxing. No one wants to hear that they need an air conditioner replacement. But unfortunately, it does happen, and it may be needed if you are having issues with your air conditioning.
Five key signs that indicate that you likely need air conditioner replacement are:
- Smells – The air that your air conditioner puts out should be fresh and clean-smelling. If you ever smell burnt or smokey air, you may need air conditioner replacement.
- Increased Energy Bills – If you are experiencing a drastic increase in your energy bills and you haven’t increased the use of your air conditioner, you may need air conditioner replacement.
- Moisture Buildup – Moisture accumulating or water leaking from your A/C unit can mean refrigerant is leaking. This is a serious problem that needs to addressed ASAP.
- Low Air Flow– When you turn on your A/C, you should have cool air coming into your home within a few minutes. If you don’t have cool air or there is a diminished overall air flow, your air conditioner isn’t functioning properly and may need to be replaced.
- Odd Sounds – Air conditioners are generally pretty quiet. If your A/C unit is making any loud clunking, grinding, or other sounds, then it may be time for air conditioner replacement.